Monday, February 16, 2009

Obamanation meets Bridal Bliss


OK, so I am sure that many of you have heard that you can do this but now that we have a new Commander in Chief I thought I would post what I think is such a fun idea.

Did you know that if you send and invitation to your wedding to the White House you'll get a note back! Chances of Barack and Michelle cutting a rug at your affair are slim to none but who wouldn't love a letter from the president for your scrap book!

Here's the address:
The Honorable Barack Obama and Mrs. Obama
The White House
Greetings Office Room 39
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500

From what I have read, only U.S. residents will receive a note back)

OK- so not to out do the president, but, for all of you Catholics out there (me included) you can send one to Pope Benedict XVI as well! This is really special because the response includes a special blessing for your marriage. I'm a little embaressed that I put POTUS ahead of the Pope but its just a little more timely!

Pope Benedict XVI
Prefettura della Casa Pontifica
00120 Citta del Vaticano, Italia

(Title: His Holiness)

Have fun!

6 comments:

Cyd said...

hahaha I think this is a fabulous idea! I was actually thinking of doing the same thing...only by inviting the other Commander in Chief, Martha Stewart. ;-)

Mrs. in May said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Good thinking!!

Bridechka said...

Such an awesome idea, I am definitely saving this one!

AJLinBoston said...

What a nice idea!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

I got married in 2001 and sent an invite to George & Laura Bush! The card that was sent back (declining the invitation) was so cool! It's worth doing!!!

I never thought of the pope! My mom wrote a letter to the Queen of England once and got a beautiful note back..., that's another thought...

Anonymous said...

How neat! I'll have to remember that!